Instagram opened new IGTV platform which is an entertainment App for long-form video making.
Making it possible for all users to upload videos above 15 seconds and up to 10 minutes (1-hour for selected accounts) video content that will be live within the standalone app.
Now IGTV is a part of a global community of a billion monthly actives on Instagram. Kevin Systrom (CEO), launched Instagram’s new IGTV platform, offering up a variety of stats around video consumption on the platform.
A research on Instagram says viewers are watching 70% more videos than they did just last year. Now an entirely new category of video exists, which is made by creators. Teens may be watching less TV, but they’re watching more creators online. That makes Instagram one of the largest and most engaged audiences anywhere in the world. Making a clear pitch that it aims to be a formidable competitor to YouTube. The IGTV video content is optimized to fit how users watch video on their phones with full-screen vertical videos. You can only upload pre-recorded videos in vertical format. Content will start playing as soon as a user clicks on the TV-shaped icon on Instagram or opens the IGTV app.
Announcements made by Instagram :
- You don’t have to search to start watching content from people you already follow on Instagram.
- Swipe up to discover more switch between For You, Following, Popular and Continue Watching.
- You can also like, comment and send videos to friends in Direct Message.
There are no ads on IGTV right now, but the CEO did say that the video platform was obviously a reasonable place to offer advertising options. Some advertisers are already shifting their Facebook ads to Instagram because of Facebook’s rising ad costs. The launch of IGTV offers the potential for an entirely new platform for Instagram ads something that only sparks more interest in Instagram from advertisers wanting more affordable ads options.
Facebook-owned mobile platform Instagram is looking forward to monetizing the content of creators
The launch of IGTV is really exciting because it now means that Instagram covers all the bases.
- Influencers will be able to post photos, short and long videos to their feed.
- Make Stories that last for 24 hours.
- Stream live videos and make these new 60 minute TV shows.
- It also means that influencers will no longer need to redirect their audiences to YouTube.
- They will be able to post all of their content in one place.